cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Budget Gaming Build

Djask
Level 7
So, I was looking for a PC to replace my crappy HD3000 laptop, and it can't be over $1000

Anyone got ideas for me?
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate
6 REPLIES 6

digitard
Level 7
One thing I'd suggest answering before people chime in is the following:
- Will you be doing anything other than gaming and general desktop functions on it (such as video editing, photo/audio creation/editing, etc)?
- Do you already have a Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard?
- How about Speakers/Headset? Will the computer be in an environment where you'll need both, or just one or the other (if you don't have them)?

While the above doesn't seem like much it can make a big build difference. Example: If you're not doing any of the video/audio/photo stuff then an i5 series processor will save you some cash as the "perks" to the i7 series isn't quite as noticeable. Also if you don't have the peripherals that's going to need to be tacked on into your total build cost.

digitard wrote:
One thing I'd suggest answering before people chime in is the following:
- Will you be doing anything other than gaming and general desktop functions on it (such as video editing, photo/audio creation/editing, etc)?
- Do you already have a Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard?
- How about Speakers/Headset? Will the computer be in an environment where you'll need both, or just one or the other (if you don't have them)?

While the above doesn't seem like much it can make a big build difference. Example: If you're not doing any of the video/audio/photo stuff then an i5 series processor will save you some cash as the "perks" to the i7 series isn't quite as noticeable. Also if you don't have the peripherals that's going to need to be tacked on into your total build cost.

also which resolution are you wanting to run at? so we will know which video card would best suite your bang for buck budget.

I will be using it for mainly gaming. I already have a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse. And no, a headphone is not required. I will be playing at 1080p if possible, if not 720p will do.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

m3ga008
Level 8
Already have Disc Drive?

chrsplmr
Level 18
refurb. g75/g74 0r g46 if ur nor married to the idea of 1080. u can always go to external.c.

Granger
Level 10
Are you intending to leave everything at stock speeds or do you want to OC?
Any preferences where motherboard is concerned (ATX, M-ATX etc...) May help with case choosing.
Do you think you may add a second graphics card in the future?

Any brand preferences? (AMD/Intel or Nvidia/AMD) same for makers (Asus/Sapphire/MSI/Gigabyte etc...)
Any that you want to avoid?

Help us a little here 😉