cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one simple question to guys from asus?

jaroboss
Level 7
i have got one simple question to the guys from asus ?? why they dont care to refresh the drivers list from the asus official website??? everything over there is almost or over 1 year old ..... they always say that it takes a long time to test the drivers to be fully compatible ....ok i understand few months but sorryy one year or over it slightly said to much.... ive got g75vw and windows 7 and the drivers posted on there site its ancient so could you do something about this because this computer cost a lot of money so its supoosed to be with the full technical service all the time not only one month after release tp get the best from the machine.....i hope that asus will do something about this if not the whole company is not worth of buying anything from its assortiment...and thats all i wanted to say see yaaa;)
10 REPLIES 10

Djask
Level 7
You don't have to necessarily get drivers from the ASUS website, just saying.
Asus G46VW
i7 3630QM | 750GB Hard Drive | 1080p Full HD Display | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | GTX 660m | Windows 7 Ultimate

Djask wrote:
You don't have to necessarily get drivers from the ASUS website, just saying.

Agreed! They update occasionally, usually if there is an obvious issue. Otherwise, they are just leaving more room for problems. They utilize standard hardware for the most part, so you can run the reference drivers shipped by the manufacturers of each component.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
Agreed! They update occasionally, usually if there is an obvious issue. Otherwise, they are just leaving more room for problems. They utilize standard hardware for the most part, so you can run the reference drivers shipped by the manufacturers of each component.

Agreed. Much like this 'bios frenzy' .. new bios. new bios. new bios. Assuming of course that the next 'driver/bios' will 'make' the board or laptop run even better .. look .. if it 'aint' broke .. there is no need to fix it.
Do you have a specific issue ??
No offense OP. Welcome to ROG.c.

UnAimed
Level 9
Well, Asus has thousands of products on offer. They probably do not want to spend resources keeping it all up to date on their page aka ïf it aint broke don't fix it"

tkolarik
Level 9
Asus should "Dance with the one who brought you"! They gained their name and reputation providing very good products and providing good support but for the most part that era has ended. Like many other large companies, they have lost their identity growing and producing a lot of products. I started buying Asus stuff like over 10 years ago and kept buying, but recently that has changed. I got an Asus Transformer Eee Pad that they quit updating after 1 year, and a Sabertooth Z77 with a lot of problems, and my G75VW with the worst sound system of any laptop I can recall.

Last week I bought a Asus Blu-Ray DVD Writer, the BW-14D1XT, which Asus says is Windows 8 compatible. But what the didn't say was that the software included, Cyberlink Power2Go 7, is NOT Windows 8 compatible. Which, means the Windows 8 compatibility, for all intents and purposes, is a lie!!!! Asus just keeps losing credibility this way and loyal customers. For my wife's new computer I chose the Gigabyte company for the main board and when I contacted them about a driver issue, they were fantastic and sent me a new updated disk immediately!

I'm not saying Asus stuff is all crap, 'cause it's not. But they have to win me over now and prove their products with poor support are better than another company's product and support!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
fyi. This may not help a whole lot, but if you're interested, you can also get unapproved drivers from the ASUS download site by selecting your notebook model manually and looking under 'apps' or 'drivers' for the series as in the screenshot below.

ggBanks
Level 10
Why are there no model specific unaproved drivers? When I select Drivers for Windows 8 and then touch pad drivers, there are 16 different drivers, but no specification for what model notebook. Just perfect support from ASUS!

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
This seems to be a 'secret site' so If you aren't having any issues, it's better not to try with them.

If you're still interested, go to the approved drivers for your notebook model to check the version and manufacturer name if available then go to the unapproved drivers to look for slightly higher versions since usually only the last few numbers will change for a newer driver.
Tell me your model and driver you are looking for if you want me to help check.

After the notebook has gone out of production for a while though, you may not even see any new unapproved drivers released for your model, so normally it will be just for the more recent models.

Not sure if anybody needs to hear this, but if you want to be safe, create a restore point, back up, and prepare for the worst in case something goes terribly wrong, etc. although don't expect anything too serious to happen normally.

ggBanks
Level 10
I was just asking because the current driver for the touch pad I am using is 130MB and the newest unapproved one is 17MB. As I am so pedantic when it comes to my hardware, I want to have the most current, light and clean software installed on it, hence my interest in the newest drivers, no matter if they are approved or not. I would try the newest unapproved driver, but it is not specified which notebook it is meant for.