Did you mean: 

Climate change ?

chrsplmr
Level 18
40 REPLIES 40

Retired
Not applicable
Me neither....

it seem like Europe is getting warmer, and Africa colder. Is the economical balance about to turn soon also?

Woolen caps in Gambia.. Who knows.. Start a factory?..

chrsplmr
Level 18
As a young man hunting White Tails in the mountains I often happened upon
skeletal White Tail remains deep under pines or spruce huddled together, the point of the
hunt, btw. ... over 40 years ago.

Edit::::::

The lion pic is fascinating. So many males, females up the middle.
No wonder they are called Prides. and .. I might point out ??? They
don't look worried 'bout it. I wouldn't be either if I were them.
Anything that happens by, we eat .. and back to our nap.

The 'bear' is so stranded in hopelessness that someone is taking
a pic .. really? Nature happens. Natural selection happens.
It is a beautiful thing.

Double Edit :::

This is not a debate .. Simply an opinion. We don't disrespect the
other opinions, but state our own.
Both sides, Please state your position, pro or con, without fear of dissent.

In other words .. if you vote. Please, speak. Please.

.c.

Menthol
Level 14
weather due to man or mother nature it's hard to deny the facts

Mandangalo18
Level 9
Weather is not the same thing as climate. Climate change is a measure of long-term global trends, not short-term local weather. Saying that global warming isn't happening because it's cold where you live is like saying "They keep telling me the Titanic is sinking, but my end of the ship is 500 feet in the air!"

The correlation between the sudden ride in CO2 since the industrial revolution and global temperatures is strong. There are other factors that can cause the globe to warm up, but these factors have been ruled out by observation. The rise in CO2 is the only plausible culprit.

CPU: i7 7700k | GPU: Titan X (p) | PSU: Seasonic 1000W Platinum | MB: ASUS Maximus IX Extreme | SSD: Samsung 960 evo | HDD: WD Caviar 160GB | RAM: Gskill 32GB 3200mhz | OS: Win 10 64bit Home

X-ROG
Level 15
97% of peer reviewed articles support it http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2013/may/16/climate-change-scie...

Local climate in short time scales has too much variety and are affected by other factors. Like the fact the sun is in its lowest period of activity for 100 years, despite being in its 11 year peak: http://www.space.com/19131-sun-solar-space-weather-2013.html. This previous inactivity is said to have caused London to freeze over in the 18th century (when Charles Dickens was a boy, which is why he wrote about white Christmas' so much: it was normal for him).

X-ROG
Level 15
97% of peer reviewed articles support it http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2013/may/16/climate-change-scie...

Local climate in short timescales has too much variety and are affected by other factors. Like the fact the sun is in its lowest period of activity for 100 years, despite being in its 11 year peak: http://www.space.com/19131-sun-solar-space-weather-2013.html This caused London to freeze over in the 18th century (when Charles Dickens was a boy, which is why he wrote about white Christmas' so much: it was normal for him).

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Climate change is, of course, fact. But it is telling, that this is the phrase of the hour whereas global warming and in particular man made global warming was the media go to phrase up until the scandal at UEA was revealed.

My guess is that you mean this...anthropogenic global warming. This is a crock of horse ****. The idea that the majority of science supports it is merely more media sound bites. It simply is not true. If you have access to reputable scientific journals and scientists you would quickly realise this. When politics gets involved in science it is no longer science. Just like a sane person doesn't trust a "scientific" study promoting broccoli...if it's paid for by broccoli growers....so you shouldn't trust the IPCC.

Watch the great global warming swindle (http://youtu.be/YtevF4B4RtQ pretty good makes some mistakes but overall... ) ...read real papers on solar science...Be an independent thinker and not a sheep.The data that this is all based on is flawed and cherry-picked. For example, temperature monitoring stations that form part of the data set were absorbed into towns when they were previously outside them...raising temps....etc.etc.

All of this is from one flawed data set. NOAA UEA NASA all using the same screwy data..

Mann made global warming is what it should be called since it is Mann's faked hockey stick all this rests on. A truly pathetic indictment of human hubris and stupidity in an age where enlightenment is available to all.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hmm, the notion that things should stay the same is quite odd. Why should Climate be constant and not dynamic.

Our world is a dynamic system after all and that means constant flux. Do not confuse theory with science, there is no science when talking about climate only theory. Climate change, is a re-branded global warming when that model was no longer able to fit the reality. Climate will change, it has to change that is the nature of it. Is man having an impact of that climate yes no doubt. Is man having as much of an impact as some would like us to think, not so sure about that.

None the less it makes for something to chat about when you do not have ROG products to play with.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hmm, the notion that things should stay the same is quite odd. Why should Climate be constant and not dynamic.

Our world is a dynamic system after all and that means constant flux. Do not confuse theory with science, there is no science when talking about climate only theory. Climate change, is a re-branded global warming when that model was no longer able to fit the reality. Climate will change, it has to change that is the nature of it. Is man having an impact of that climate yes no doubt. Is man having as much of an impact as some would like us to think, not so sure about that.

None the less it makes for something to chat about when you do not have ROG products to play with.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.