cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating System Not Found

si239
Level 7
hi

i wonder if anyone can help i recently purchased a new desktop gaming pc with the maximus VII motherboard a few months ago which is currently running windows 8.1 64bit i was playing a game last night and my pc froze during gameplay so as you would normally do i reset my pc and to my surprise i recieved this error message below om my screen.

"OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND"

I have removed all usb connections and removed/replaced the bios battery for 10 mins but it still wont start up i have also checked all connections to make sure nothing was loose but still no joy im hoping if anyone can give me some advice on how to remedy this issue.

just to add i have tried the repair facilty on the start up disc but it says it cannot fix the issue..
5 REPLIES 5

Squall_Rinoa89
Level 8
have you tried the drive in another Sata port? or computer?
Lian Li 011 Dynamic White Case
Intel Core i9 Coffee lake 9900K @ 5.1GHz
ASUS STRIX Z390-E LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CAS 18
EVGA nVidia RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 PSU
1x 512GB SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD
2x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1x WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (6.0Gb/s)

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi si239 and Welcome to ROG
Go into your Bios and check to see if indeed the Bios recognizes your HDD. If indeed it is recognized, then configure accordingly in boot drive priority.
If you are able to get into Windows, then run a CHKDSK to be sure all is OK with your drive.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Well did you find your hard drive?

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Go into your BIOS, click on the Boot tab, look down the list for Hard Drive BBS properties, in the new window at the 1st boot item, click the drop down menu and choose the drive you have Windoze installed on 🙂

si239
Level 7
i loaded my bios profile and its restored the os and booted 1st time thanks again for you advice..

its was really appreciated..