cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrossHair V Formula-Z (TweakTown)

chrsplmr
Level 18
WoW...it's a start ... and FX III .. AND they were listening. Good job Asus.
Now ... Where do I trade in the old New One ???

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24462/asus_crosshair_v_formula_refresh_sneaks_under_the_radar/index.ht...

Have you been following Computex ??
How about this ??
ASUS ZEUS Combines X79 HEDT with Dual-GPU from VR Zone ?
http://vr-zone.com/articles/asus-zeus-combines-x79-hedt-with-dual-gpu/16152.html

Asus Zeus .... I like it. Killer.
113 REPLIES 113

kkn
Level 14
i like that they moved the buttons from the bottom and up, but it looks like the mem ok button ended up on the bottom? :s

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Wow that write-up was a little disappointing, ok so PCIe 3.0 isn't possible for the revision, I get that...but can she handle Quad SLI for those who wanna go that crazy? and I can't believe he missed one very important item worth mentioning...and I wonder if anyone has noticed it yet....they stuck in an extra pair of SATA 3 ports in the main array!!! 😄 and it seems the ASMedia solo port has been removed from it's former place....and I don't see the Debug LED either lol...maybe cleverly hidden in there though

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
I don't see the Debug LED either lol...maybe cleverly hidden in there though

top right by the power buttons. debug read out instead of led's

ganji wrote:
top right by the power buttons. debug read out instead of led's

Figures i'd bloody miss it lol

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
...so PCIe 3.0 isn't possible for the revision...

That keeps me from changing my V.

chrsplmr wrote:
The last time I was RMA'd -- I got strapped down on a bench ...and thats
the last thing I remember. When I got myself back I was still broken and all greasy....
I Pm'd Mason and asked about a possible replacement .. but apparently they are all out of me.c.

~falls off chair laughing hard~ oh god that's great, you just made my night!!!! +1 :cool:

GOR52 wrote:
That keeps me from changing my V.

Well mate, what I learnt from MarshallR is that the current FX CPU's aren't compatible with PCIe 3.0, this is why there hasn't been a new board and we only have the revision Z. We have to wait until the PileDriver CPU to get that compatability,

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
...Well mate, what I learnt from MarshallR is that the current FX CPU's aren't compatible with PCIe 3.0, this is why there hasn't been a new board and we only have the revision Z. We have to wait until the PileDriver CPU to get that compatability,

I agree that Z is a revision. But the V was released way before Bull was released. To me, it only indicates that Vishera is still crawling in the mud...not shine, and probably not supporting PCIe 3.0.
I'm assuming Vishera is nothing special either, otherwise Asus would have released something else for AMD...we are in June...and the new AMD cpu is supposed to be released on the last Q of this year...probably next year only, if one reads AMD history.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:

Well mate, what I learnt from MarshallR is that the current FX CPU's aren't compatible with PCIe 3.0, this is why there hasn't been a new board and we only have the revision Z. We have to wait until the PileDriver CPU to get that compatability,

Wait, what? Where did I say that? I know NOTHING of AMD PCI-Express 3.0 chipsets so it's impossible I claimed this! The chipset contains the PCI-Express not the CPU. If AMD are keeping AM3+ then there's no reason why they can't introduce a PCI-Express 3.0 chipset though.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Wait, what? Where did I say that? I know NOTHING of AMD PCI-Express 3.0 chipsets so it's impossible I claimed this! The chipset contains the PCI-Express not the CPU. If AMD are keeping AM3+ then there's no reason why they can't introduce a PCI-Express 3.0 chipset though.

Here, pulled it from your post on the Gene V Preview thread

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

Myk SilentShadow - The 990FX is only PCIe Gen 2 so Gen 3 is impossible 😕 Up to AMD when their revision schedule is.

I thought the 990FX was tied into the CPU...so this would explain why I said that, but, having said that...considering they now have PCIe 3.0 Cards...they should by now have a newer chipset to run the cards properly >.>

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?11578-Maximus-V-GENE-and-Maximus-V-Formula-preview-info-amp...