Level 7
1. Nzxt Phantom 410

OR

2. Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Mid Tower Cabinet

Please advice
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
for what motherboard? the case is the only piece that can be futureproof..
make sure it has the room for this build..and maybe the next...
At the moment, my favorite is the CoolerMaster Trooper ... but .. et. best of luck.c.

Dark
Level 9
I would go for the coolermaster case. But I'm not a big fan on them I like the armor cases more as they have heaps of room and look good modded up.
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
What are you planning to do with your build? add in Water Cooling, or a heap of fans to keep it cool? The Phantom 410 is a pretty good case, I have one and they are pretty roomy...BUT, if you plan on very little with your build, I will suggest you go no bigger than a CPU Cooler with a fan size of 120mm. I completely forgot about adding in the dimensions of the CPU Cooler I bought when I put together my system and the top of my cooler to the under side of the side panel...has a gap of about 10mm lol. I cannot say anything about the CM Case as i've never used them before.

Zka17
Level 16
I never had any of them, but - based on pics and specs - my vote is for the Cooler Master... of course if you're going with a regular ATX sized (or smaller) mobo... - otherwise you have to think in something bigger...

I dont really like all the leds that many gadgets come with.. but thats a matter of taste.. its just more "noice" to your living room/bedroom. For the same reason I dont see a need for a window into a computer... well a little bit since theres now Q-codes to help troubleshoot.. but it goes back to the noice part 🙂

So if that is your only two options.. I vote #2
Board: Asus Maximus V Gene | CPU Intel Core i5 3570k
GPU: Asus Radeon HD7870 2GB (HD7870-DC2-2GD5) | RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBZL (4x4GB)
PSU: SeaSonic X-760 X-Series 80 Gold 760W | Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini
HDD: 2x Samsung 1.5TB/7200rpm Raid 0 | SSD: OCZ Vertex2 120GB

3dMark11 Score@Stock: P6578