cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula Z sleep issues

lstavridis
Level 7
I have the latest Bios installed with win7 ultimate x64 full updated.

When i press the Sleep button in the Shutdown menu, the computer starts sleeping procedure, all fans shutdown but after one second wakes up and working as normal?

Is there any bios setting that can be changed in order to put the pc for sleep?
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate

What power plan setting do you have in OS. Please try to reset to balanced and see if that works for you.

Also are you OC your system? If yes how?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

lstavridis
Level 7
Nope, no OC, just bought the m/m.

Tried reseting OS to Balanced same issue. Something wakes up the pc immediatly after it goes for sleep!

Don't konw if it's OS issue or m/b... 😞

Praz
Level 13
Most likely some type of LAN setting or USB device is waking the system up.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
There was someone else not too long ago who had this exact same thing, the reason for his wake up event was due to packets moving back and forth as he was on a home network and his router was active, thus waking up his PC via Network activity. Are you on a home network and are you having this wake up event while others are online? if so, go to the NIC's properties and disable the Wake up event...I think it's MagicPacket for network activity?

Thx a lot guys! Thos justa solved my problem. Some strange Wake On Lan settings in Device Manager, Magic Packets... Just disabled all and all work fine! Thx again!!

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
There was someone else not too long ago who had this exact same thing, the reason for his wake up event was due to packets moving back and forth as he was on a home network and his router was active, thus waking up his PC via Network activity. Are you on a home network and are you having this wake up event while others are online? if so, go to the NIC's properties and disable the Wake up event...I think it's MagicPacket for network activity?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah I recall that too, he was on a wifi network and the router was constantly in communication with the dongle.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
In the Advanced power settings .. Wake on Lan .. Never.

D_V_D
Level 7
HiWizMan wrote:
Also are you OC your system?
If is in OC and i hit Sleep, what can happen to the system?...Just for knowledge
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

Myk_SilentShado